Riley Intrator had a career day on Wednesday as he led the Smith Academy boys’ soccer team to a 7-2 victory over opponent Schmid Greenfield.
Intrator was instrumental in five of the team’s seven goals, scoring the career-best four and recording an assist.
Cody Brock added a two-goal game for the Falcons, while Ben Hudzik and Matthew Scagel had two assists each. Wyatt Jeffress also got an assist, while Logan Graves completed the scoring. Ryan Belina made six saves in the win.
Intrator, a junior, now leads Smith Academy with a total of nine goals and six assists this fall. He has displayed multi-point efforts five times this season. He is Schmid’s third leading scorer behind Eric Kibarra of Springfield International Charter School and Liam Brown of Granby.
Take a look at Schmid’s top 10 goal scorers below:
Elsewhere in the Western Mass.
- Agawam’s men’s soccer team defeated Longmeadow for the first time since 2015 on Wednesday night. Read the full story of the game here.
- Amherst’s duo, Piet Hartman and Chase Lashway, won the PVIAC Boys Invitational golf tournament, ending their game at the Ranch with a 69. Read the full story here.
- Maisy Dyer led the way on Wednesday, scoring twice to lead Smith Academy field hockey on Amherst. Read the full story of the game here.
- Milana Camilleri punctuated the Westfield women’s football team with a two-goal game in a win over Pittsfield. Read the full story of the game here.
- A trio of players found the back of the net for Gateway’s men’s soccer in their victory over Putnam.
- Lizzie Brown and Kylie Joyce led Lee to an impressive victory over Frontier women’s volleyball at home.
- Want to see some photos from Wednesday’s action? Belchertown women’s soccer remained undefeated with a victory over Amherst. See the gallery here.
- Meg Carey and Ashley Scott led South Hadley’s field hockey against Southwick.
In case you missed it
- Area golfers will compete in the Western Mass Women’s Individual Championships on Thursday. at Wilbraham Country Club. Take a look at the pairings here.
- Voting is live for the MassLive Athlete of the Week. Vote before the deadline Friday.