For the second time this season, sophomore Madisyn Davis filled in the stats sheet as she led Ware to a 3-1 victory over Hoosac Valley on Thursday night.
Davis finished the win with a hat trick, putting her on eight goals this season. She had a four-goal outing against Springfield International Charter School earlier this year.
The sophomore is in his third college season with Ware and has already topped his score from his eighth-grade season and COVID-shortened freshman season combined.
Eight goals in eight games this fall put Davis second in scoring for the Grieve. The league is led by prolific goalscorer Madalyn Thériault in Palmer. Davis, meanwhile, is tied with Central’s Brooklyn Olivero.
Here’s a look at the full Grieve Top 10:
Elsewhere in the Western Mass.
- Ludlow’s defense stepped up efforts Thursday night to help the Lions defeat Belchertown football in a low-scoring 12-6 game. Read the full story of the game.
- Jack Letendre pitched for two touchdowns Thursday as Palmer’s soccer team shut out Commerce, 37-0. Read the full story of the game.
- Northampton men’s football continued their impressive start to the season with a 3-0 victory over Chicopee. John Senn-Mcnally has scored twice for the Blue Devils. Read the full story of the game.
- Want to see some photos from Thursday’s action? Agawam Girls Soccer defeated Westfield in a Top 10 match. Read about the game and view the photos here.
- Mount Greylock women’s volleyball went undefeated with a win over Easthampton. Charlotte Coody served 21 straight service points in the final quarter to give the Mounties a 25-2 lead in the final set.
- Meghan Bowen posted a hat trick for Westfield field hockey as the Bombers defeated East Longmeadow.
- Longmeadow boys’ soccer gave West Springfield their first loss of the season behind a winning goal from Colin Goodhines.
- Amherst Golf picked up a big win, beating Monson by a point on Thursday.
In case you missed it
- Friday is the last day to vote for the athlete of the week. Results will be announced at 5:00 p.m.