Do you really have to pave your way to the top 3 pantheon? Of course, yes. But a more precise answer would be – ‘yes, but queries matter’. Thus, you can consider queries basing on the following parameters:
- Competition and, as a consequence, the cost of the promotion (the higher the competition – the more you will pay)
- The commercial component
There may be general queries, such as: category name, brand name, product category ligament plus brand; queries of transactional type: the action category name, type of information requests review category, the category ratings; and the so-called model queries (model names). For the companies from different industries and business models the online strategy as for the presence in Google’s top the optimal cost/return ratio for all sorts of queries can be different.
There are two basic rules:
- The product portfolio has more than 1,000 products, with clear identification (manufacturer, model name). Comparing prices in this case does not pose any difficulties. It will work the best return on the complete range of modeling needs. There’s also interesting to work on the impact of ligaments product category plus brand – relevance is determined in each case depending on the cost of entering the position. Obviously, general queries are characterised by high competition and, as a rule, the high cost of inputs, while the returns are doubtful.
Here is an example of the mechanism of purchase – a typical selection mechanism for some category of products with the following stages:
- General inquiry (checking the subject).
- General queries + informative component (specifications, selections, comparisons) and/or transaction requests.
- General queries + brand (if the user has a preference for any brand – the sequence of actions can start with this step).
This one implies researching themes the buyer is primarily interested in and checking the most complete and qualitative descriptions. After defining the model, the user usually enters a query in the search engine, but now it aims to define the place of purchase with the most attractive conditions for it (besides the presence of goods which may be the price, customer service benefits, etc.). And here it may not be your site. He saw you before, read about the product at your site. Helping with buying is a good thing, but it doesn’t necessarily means it converts good. In the end, your final goal is generating sales. You should also keep in mind the alternative model names. Moreover, by utilising these names you can obtain up to 50% or even more model of traffic.
Typical industries for the first category: electronics, appliances, etc.
The product category has a common name, while each supplier of the product is unique. Comparison of the goods can be a hassle. You supply the exclusive goods. For the second category it is much better to run general queries, and usually, the game is worth the candle for them. Typical industries for the second category are flowers, gifts and others.
Staying on top and making your way to it is a tough challenge. You may want to get in touch with marketing industry professionals to squeeze the most of your efforts – drop in at HTP Digital website – this prominent digital marketing Manchester agency is an industry standout boasting impressive results with narrowly focused companies dealing with ultrasonic cleaning and graphene products, not to mention more conventional business niches.